Sunday, May 15, 2011

bittersweet

So last night was a really great night full of friends and games and good food. Unfortunatly in our lives we are constantly saying goodbye to people, and last night was no exception. It really sucks when you get close to someone and they have to move, and not just move but move across the country. I am feeling very sad at the prospect of one of my close friends moving away, and it is also a reminder that our lives are constantly in a state of unknow. Jim could get orders at any time and we would have to up and move. SCARY! I am a creature of habit. I like to eat the same things, go to the same places, and hang out with the same friends. As a military family we don't always have those options. When I moved here I thought it was the worst place in the world, and about as far as possible from Seattle as I could ever get, But I have truly grown to like the place, and more importantly love the people.
It isn't uncommon for young wives to pack up and go home to family when their husbands leave, and trust me I get tempted, but in reality this is the life I have chosen, and I need to embrace it. I need to stay where I have been put for this season of my life. I am kind of rambling but I have so much on my mind. I guess what I am really trying to say is I love you Friend and I will miss you.

2 comments: