Saturday, October 22, 2011

highs and lows

When I was a part of young life during College we would do something called highs and lows. Every week we would go around and everyone would say their high and low for the week. When I moved on from college and helped with other youth groups I took this with me. Now as a mom I do the same thing with Colin every Friday. When I pick him up from school I ask him the high of the week and the low. His high normally ahs to do with nachos for lunch, or getting a free chocolate milk from the extra table and his lows are normally getting in trouble for talking, or not getting the full reward for finishing his classwork. Very basic stuff for a 2nd grader. Yesterday was the same, I picked him up and we dropped off his friend and we decided to get an ice cream ( perk of CA, its still hot). His high then became the ice cream :) and his low was that he lost some of his class $ for not doing his work on time. I love that he is such a sweet little boy, who loves life and finds pleasure in such simple things :)

ps: I got an awesome new minivan today!

No comments:

Post a Comment