Friday, June 17, 2011

Sometimes I wonder??

So sometimes I wonder how do people measure how much they miss someone else. Is it how long you have known them, how long they are away, or how far away they are? Does the fact that one person is more busy or less busy weigh into this?
I ask this because as you all know my hubs is gone for the next 6 months or so, and has been fore for about 6 weeks already, and although I miss his company and companionship and all of the other things that come with being married to my BFF :) (he would kill me for calling him that), it is very rare for me to tell someone else that I miss Jim, or to even really think it to myself. I am not the type of person to sit and be sad, I would rather get out there and do something then sit around my house thinking about how much I miss Jim. Does that mean I am a jerk? Am I unthoughtful? I like to think it means I am an independent woman who has the ability to survive no these seperations and even thrive while he is away knowing that when he does come home it will be all the more sweet. I don't want to be that wife who constantly complains about missing my husband, it really just adds extra stress to his life, and thats the last thing I want.
I love Jim, with my whole heart. He has been the most constant person in my life for more then 10 years, and so of course it is different when he's gone, but this is the life we have chosen. For better or worse there is a reason why we are in this place (or places) at this time. I choose to live my life to the fullest both when Jim is here and when he is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment