Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One of those weeks



Do you ever have one of those weeks where you just want to cry? I do, and this was one of them. I am very easily disappointed, always have been. I get my hopes up and if things don't go as planned I am heart broken. This was my week. Let me start at the beginning. Jim and I are going to celebrate 10 years of marriage next April, and I have been planning for this for a LONG time. I have wanted to do something really special and big just the 2 of us, for years and thought what better time then to celebrate our 10th. So i started looking into trips we could take, and we decided that a cruise to Alaska was perfect. So I started looking at dates, and costs and talking to my Mom about watching the boys. Well it all came to a crashing halt this week when Jim said it just wasn't gonna happen next year, there is no way for him to take off a couple weeks because they are so busy at work. I was crushed, tears, and sobbing. I know this is dramatic, but it was really devestating for me. 10 years! Thats a big deal and I wanted to celebrate in style. So I basically spent the next few days moping and grumbling about how unfair my life is, and how nothing ever goes the way I want. Pretty much I was like a 6 year old.



This morning i woke up to an email from Jim, of course he can't change things, but he just somehow always makes things seem better. He was just emailing to tell me about his day, or something mundane. But in that small email he also told me that he missed me a lot. I reminded me that I have been married for almost 10 Years to Jim! My best friend, the person who loves and misses me even when i act like a baby. The man who chose to be with me forever, and I know will keep that promise no matter how tough things get. I don't need to go on a cruise to be reminded of that love. I have 2 awesome boys, that I love beyond words. How can I say things never go my way, when I have a life that I love. I am blessed in so many ways. So I am going to try harder not to be such a complainer. i am going to look at the positives, and see the good and not the bad in situations. Well i'm gonna try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment