Friday, June 3, 2011

How do i not do it?



So often I am asked the question "How do you do it? How do you handle having a child who can eat vitually nothing ( well potatoes) and who at anytime could have an allergic reaction that can send you to the ER. " I always find this a weird question, because really and truly I don't usually even think about it. My answer to them is "How do I not do it". How do I not love this little boy who has brought such joy to our lives, who has finished our fami;y so perfectly. When you love someone you will bend over backwards, you will go to pretty much any length to give them what they need, and so this is a no brainer to me.



The other day i had a talk with one of my oldest and dearest friends and the question came up. I My answer was that after 5 years of begging God for another child, I wasn't about to complain about the one he gave me. I'm not gonna lie, it is hard and it sucks to see my little boy wanting everything and not being able to have it, but he is healthy and happy most of the time so thats what matters.



Yesterday I had one of the scariest experiences of my life. Connor got a peanut butter cookie and started to eat it. We tried to get as much as we could out of his mouth, but I know he consumed some. Within about 15 min. he started to get Hives, and of course the one time I need his epi-pen in the last year it has expired! I kinda froze and couldn't think straight or I would have given him benadryl, so I grabbed him up and off to the ER we went. He was fine after they gave him Benadryl, but I was so freaked out, I still haven't stopped shaking. All of the What-if's went through my head, and it made me realize that all the precaustions I take to keep him safe are worth it. I will do anything for this little peanut simply because I love him. How can I not?

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts, Andrea. You go through a LOT for him. I really had no idea! You are a great mama!

    ReplyDelete